Wolfe Island Says Thanks
A celebration to honour the everyday heroes that helped us get through the pandemic.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2022 // 3:30PM
At the Hotel Wolfe Island Pier
Ceremony will begin at 3:30 and conclude around 4pm, followed by live music.
Territorial Acknowledgement • Community Recognition
Statements from Mayor Doyle
Live Music by CARLO
The Wolfe Island Commons Commemorative Garden is an initative created to celebrate, commemorate, and formally recognize the endurance, compassion and kindness of Wolfe Island’s people and volunteers during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Commemorative Gardens will be unveiled in an outdoor public event hosted by the Wolfe Island Commons.
Wolfe Island Fire Department • Wolfe Island Medical Clinic • The Market Association • Hulton’s Construction / Bus Service • Post Office • The WIPP • Fargos • LodgePole Arts Alliance
The Wolfe Island Commons is a not-for-profit ecoculture organization working to build a circular and local sustainable economy within its rural base through food and culture. Visit our website: wolfeislandcommons.org
What the Commons is currently doing:
- Farmers market
- Participating and administering 2 native grassland projects under Forest Canada
- Supporting and hosting local original musicians and artists through grants
- Supporting not-for-profit organizations through free vendor stalls at the market, promoting events through social media.
- Supporting and coordinating the “Island Talks” series that includes authors and experts in culture, food… to fulfil our educational objective.
- A five-year project plan to create a civic green space that will also include a large stage area with seating for large events (music, arts, educational series, yoga, theatre etc.)
Supported by the Department of Canadian Heritage under the Celebration and Commemoration Program, Reopening Fund Component.